Contract Disputes/Small Claims Court

Contract & Consumer Disputes

The Florida Bar offers free pamphlets to assist with questions and concerns regarding consumer complaints.  Click here for more information from The Florida Bar.

Dade Legal Aid/Put Something Back ("PSB") assists low income residents of Miami-Dade County who meet financial guidelines. If you are eligible, PSB may refer your case to a pro bono attorney. PSB does not guarantee that it will find an attorney to accept your case, does not handle emergencies and the process can take several weeks. Client intake hours are Tuesdays and Thursdays from 8:30 to 11:00 am and clients are seen on a first come/first serve basis. NO APPOINTMENT NECESSARY. Please bring proof of income, as well as a current photo I.D. and any information regarding your case to: 123 NW First Avenue, first floor

Small Claims Court Clinic

At the Small Claims Court Clinic, volunteer attorneys provide free legal advice to people who want to bring or defend a Small Claims Court case. A volunteer attorney meets one on one with each pro se litigant in order to give advice about their case, from initiating or defending the claim, to what to bring to trial. The attorney does not represent you.  Clinics are held on the second and fourth Thursday of each month from 5:00 8:00 p.m. at Legal Services of Greater Miami, Inc. 4343 West Flagler Street.  CLIENTS SEEN BY APPOINTMENT ONLY. WALK INS NOT PERMITTED. PLEASE CALL 305-576-0080 FOR AN APPOINTMENT.

Click here for the Small Claims Court Clinic Flier
Consultoría para el Tribunal de casos de menor cuantía
Klinik Tribinal pou Ti Reklamasyon Piti

Dade County Bar Association Lawyer Referral Service ("LRS") will refer you to a private attorney for a consultation. The $50 referral fee entitles you to 30-minute consultation with an attorney who handles contract or small claims cases. Any further legal work on your behalf would be subject to whatever fee you negotiate with the attorney. The DCBA Lawyer Referral Service phone number is (305) 371-2646 or you may get further information by visiting


You may file a consumer complaint report with one of the following agencies:

The Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services, 1-800-HELP-FLA (435-7352),

The Business Affairs and Consumer Protection Division, 305-375-3677


Florida Law Helps has a number of helpful pamphlets available on various consumer law issues. Click here for a listing.

HOW TO FILE AN ANSWER IN A COURT CASE:  Click here to download a flyer about how to file an answer in a court case.